Monday, September 21, 2015

What Will I Wear?

This week's theme is all about weather, and we kicked it off with a visit from Kevin Skarupa, a meteorologist from WMUR!  He explained how weather works and talked a bit about the planets.  And I didn't have to read my science book today because he did it for me.  He read "Cloudette", which is a super sweet book about a little cloud that want's to be as important as the big clouds.

We also will focus on the long A sound, as in April.  Our sight words this week will include are, at, and as. In math we will continue to learn about shapes.  Check out the pictures we made today using a circle, rectangle, and triangle.  Below are the books we will be reading out loud.  After lunch I read aloud a chapter book and I have started the Magic Tree House series.  I was hoping someone out there would have the books I am missing and let me borrow them.  Please let me know.  Lastly next week is our trip to the apple orchard and our theme is all about apples.  We will be making applesauce, and I will be asking for apples.  2 from each child.  If you are okay with it I will just keep 2 apples from the trip.






No comments:

Post a Comment